Sunday, April 17, 2011

I've Said it Before and I'll Say it Again

Growing up as a tomboy I never had a desire to wear dresses, I was strictly a cargo short and Old Navy t-shirt kind of girl (and maybe a pair of crocs, if I was playing outside, or Sketchers). I know that in January I vowed to start another blog and I'm here to tell you that I did not intend on not following through, since I practically live alone and have a small camera it's hard on windy days to take pictures on my balcony (and let's face it, Colorado in the wpringter (that's spring and winter) is windy) I have not been the best at keeping this blog afloat, or even breathing. But I have said it before and I'll say it again, I'm going to try my darndest to take pictures of myself in my clothes as an inspiration for me (to get ready).

So now that it's springtime, (windy, hayfever, fruity deliciousness and a desire to go hiking all is a sign that it's spring) I have decided to give myself a wee little challenge. With the upmost intention of following through with said challenge. If you read my old blog you know that I did a post on wanting to wear all my skirts: on the old blog I posted that I have 27 skirts that sit in my closet.... 27!!!! Well that was last fall and boy o boy don't think for a second that I lost my love of skirts. After hanging up my skirts this past weekend in a spring closet cleaning tirade I counted 31 skirts! Whoa. So my goal and I'm really going to try, super duper hard, is to wear every single one of these skirts. Before I'm 80 (or own 80 skirts, whichever comes first). Here are the rules:

1. Wear all the skirts
2. If you decide that there is just no way that you can wear a skirt, donate it, if you can't wear it during a challenge then you're never going to wear it.
3. Take as many pictures as possible, even if it means sucking up your pride and buying a tripod (or asking roommate to take a picture) you much photo document every skirt (if possible).

Oh and also that I can't wear boots with my skirts everyday. I am a repeat offender (and it wasn't offensive until I made it my uniform).


Boom. That's it. Three rules, 31 skirts, 31 days.

Instead of being adorable and making a cute photoshop design of all my skirts I decided to add all the pictures of my skirts to my Flickr account here. Tell me which skirt you're most excited to see!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am so excited you let me find your blog! This is such a cool idea. And I'm totally jealous you have 31 skirts.

    ReplyDelete