Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm Still Here

Hi All,

First off, thank you so much for your sweet comments in regards to my recent break up. It has been hard and a battle but I'm beginning to feel like I'm coming back as a human from this surprising change in my life. I couldn't have done it without the comments I received so thank you so much! I have been trying to keep myself busy but promise that I'll be back in the next few days.

I haven't been sleeping so my amazing roommate has been making me copious amounts of sleepytime tea and benedryl (her method of a sleeping pill, which is working so that's a plus). 
Also, my roommate has saved me*. From staring blindly at the Monday morning mess I was crying my contact into my yogurt (seriously she rolled out of bed and into my problems, and didn't complain once) all the way to tonight when she force fed me another meal. From facebook stalking our high school peers, to offering me options for new "lovah's", she has helped me come back to life. 

I've started to get an appetite back, which is also a huge plus because I have been so drained. 

I started my Maymester course which is a cultural diversity course. It keeps me occupied in the mornings. I sit next to a socially awkward kid named Erik. I've affectionately named him Er-bear. 

And I have been online shopping like a mad-woman. Something about the prospect of summer/fall dates got me all excited for some new clothes. And also there is no better therapy than retail therapy. 

And now for some pick-me-up-link-me-up link up's:
Did you hear that Kate Spade is having a sample sale? It's a little too steep for me but there are some amazing deals to be had. 

Also, did you see that Syd had some really exciting news today! I could not be more happy for her. 

My birthday is on Saturday, which means two things: I got dumped a week before my birthday (resulting in the cancellation of my birthday) but I have a song that sums up my week (including the fact that I was dumped by a John). It's one of the only times I'll laugh really hard, it's so ridiculous. And I'll blast it through my laptop and then walk around my apartment. 

Also, my Saturday birthday means that Judgement Day unfortunately falls on my birthday this year. While I don't judge anybody's religious beliefs I read a very hilarious (in a "I haven't smiled in days but I'll chuckle for this" kind of way) editorial of one man's view of this judgement day.

*She's even taking me out for our favorite breakfast and a tour of a house I've been dying to see, on "her day", the day before my birthday which has nothing to do with me and all about her. (Her way of letting me celebrate without celebrating). 

No comments:

Post a Comment