Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Guest Post: Brittany from no two fish are alike.

Hi there, Kenzie's readers! I'm Brittany from No Two Fish Are Alike, and I'm so excited to be blogging over here today! Now that classes are out for the summer, and I have a little extra time on my hands, I find myself gravitating to the thrift stores.



I found this dress during my last trip to Savers, and at $10, I almost passed it by, because I'm cheap and have a hard time spending over $5 on a thrifted item. But I loved the pleats in the skirt, and the color and the lace detail were nice, so I decided it was worth trying on. 




The shoulder pads we pretty... huge, but the elastic of the skirt hit my waist at just the right point, so I decided to take the plunge, hand over my $10, cross my fingers and see if I could turn this bad boy into a skirt. 

 


Mission accomplished. This was a lucky find and I look forward to a summer full of finds just like it! What do you find yourself doing with you extra time this summer?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Isn't she wonderful? She and I are music twins, I haven't heard her mention one band I don't already love. Plus she makes some seriously awesome art (and makes skirts!? She's almost too good to be true). Don't forget to pop over to her blog and give her a hello! You won't be disappointed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment