Monday, July 4, 2011

Guest Post: Shea from Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique

Hi What Kenz Wears readers, I’m Shea from Bon Chic Bon Gastronomique

Kenzie asked me to guest post for her while she’s on a vacation to celebrate her college graduation. I hope she’s having lots of fun right now, she deserves it!

When she suggested writing about my favorite summer activity, I jokingly told her it was napping. But I figured that wouldn’t make much of an outfit post, so I’m going with barbecues instead. I love getting together with friends in the summer and grilling out.


This is what I wore to an early summer get-together, when it was still cool enough for a scarf. I love wearing scarves, because they’re light-weight, but they keep you warm if it gets chilly at night. (Now that it’s nearly July here in Kansas where I live, I’ll probably leave the scarf at home—it’s getting too hot and humid for that!) I was coming from work, so I changed from wedges to comfy flat sandals, ditched my AC-friendly jacket for the floral scarf, and I was ready for some hamburgers and hot dogs.

I don’t know about you, but for me, half the fun of a barbecue is all the side dishes and desserts people bring. I love summery pasta salads, rich chocolaty brownies, not to mention cold beer. My current summer favorite is Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy; it’s so lemony and refreshing. Tell me, what do you enjoy most at a cookout?


Outfit details: stripe shirt: Old Navy; cropped khakis: Gap; flower earrings: gift shop in Hawaii; scarf: Old Navy, gift; sandals: Merona, Target


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you love reading, food and fun fashion definitely head over and check out her corner of the blogging world! She's seriously one of the most welcoming people out there and I'm so happy to have her on my blog. 


Also, happy Fourth of July and how perfect is this post for the holiday!? It's like we planned it or something (we didn't). 

No comments:

Post a Comment