Friday, July 1, 2011

Guest Post: Sarah from Just Take a Bow

Hello Kenzie's lovely readers! My name's Sarah and I blog over at Just Take a Bow. Kenzie asked me to write up a fun post all about what I would wear to a favorite summer activity. I kind of followed her directions, but I made it a fictional favorite summer activity. I'm bad at following rules, you know.

So where is my fictional summertime destination?




A super classy, awesome picnic, of course. Complete with country club-esque attire and delightful tea sandwiches.

I thrifted this amazing Banana Republic, vintage-throwback dress for 78 cents (can you believe it?!) a while back and I feel like it doesn't get as much use as it deserves. So in this fictional summertime picnic, everyone will compliment the lovely dress.




The capelet found me at an estate sale and these fantastic shoes (and the belt) were thrifted. So, basically, this entire look is an amalgamation of crazy thrifty luck. In all honesty, that accurately describes my closet.






Obviously, at this picnic, there is tea. I mean, c'mon guys, I'm wearing gloves. There is tea and crumpets and everyone will probably stick their pinkies up in the air like we all thought was so posh when we were little.




Maybe I need to switch this up and include that I am also meeting the Queen. What do you think? Too much? Yeah, I thought so. I will say that this is making me want to plan and host a real tea party with some friends, though. Hmm...




In closing, while Kenzie asked me to centralize this post on a favorite summer activity, I created a favorite summer activity that I am now inspired to live out... so I guess I'll have to keep everyone posted as to whether or not it actually happens!

A big thanks to all of you for reading and especially to Kenzie for flattering me and asking me to post. I had a blast, thanks for being my first ever guest post host & audience!



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not going to lie, if I had the means my favorite summer activity would be tea with the queen too. 

Thanks Sarah for showing us how to have the classiest picnic ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment