Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Realities of Being a Grown Up...



It basically means that I had to get my own internet. At the last apartment it was included in the rent so we never had to do anything to get internet in our abode. However, welcome to professional living. In the past nine days I've spent probably five hours on the phone with our internet service provider, had a technician and a new modem sent to us. Frustration doesn't begin to describe what we've been feeling in our new apartment.

You don't realize how much you use the internet until you're sitting at the breakfast table squinting at the iphone trying to decipher important emails, tweets and (most importantly) pins. Well today is the day, we finally stabilized our internet and I am currently celebrating by catching you all up on my life.

We moved into our new apartment last Thursday and after a full week of living here, we can pretty much say we're smitten. Except for a few minor details (loud upstairs neighbors. All. The. Time.) we are excited to call this little place our home for the next 12-months.

I started my new nannying job on Monday and by last night I was exhausted, I hope that I can get into a routine with the family I'm working for because as of now, it's not great. Nope. Not at all.

So let's get to the meat of this post: I've been marking things off my list left and right (and by me, I mean all of my amazing friends that plan, organize and take me to). Last weekend I went on a weekend long date with a guy. Friday night involved my roommate, her little friend, him and I going to a haunted house. Now first I should tell you all, that I've been to haunted houses before but  I'm a huge baby and it had been years since I'd been to one. I threw it on the list kind of like 'let's see if I can be brave enough to do it'. Let me tell you, I was noticeably freaking out before we went in. Like pacing and sweaty palms nervous (what can I say, I'm pretty jumpy on a day-to-day basis). Well folks, I came and I conquered. It was completed (in my opinion) with flying colors. The company didn't hurt either.

So there you have it, one of the three events off my list. Tomorrow I'll tell you about the Saturday date I had with the manfriend. It's so good, don't even worry.

Please forgive how shotty I've been at answering emails and tweets as well as commenting. Without internet I feel like I have dropped the ball even more than I normally do.

No comments:

Post a Comment