Thursday, January 26, 2012

23x23: Spend No Money Other Than Bills for a Month

This is me and the mancake on Christmas morning. Look at how happy we are. We're wearing our Christmas presents. Completely blissful. 

Unfortunately January 1st happened. And those bills. Boy oh boy, I didn't know I could do so much damage. 
Okay, I did, guys, but I mean really. That sucked. 
So for the first time in my life I created a budget. And I worked my little butt off everyday (almost) of January. I worked overtime, like a lot. I hurt I've worked so much. 

And what happened, is before I knew it, it was January 26th and I hadn't spent anymore other than paying off my bills during the entire month. 
Now, my bills are still rearing it's ugly head in my life, but before I knew it, I had accomplished one of my 23x23's!
(Which is a good thing, because I really thought it would be one of the hardest to accomplish). 

What I learned from this month was this: 
With my bills from Christmas, it would have been impossible to gain any advantage over the bills if I continued spending the way I had been. Taking this month off has given me some pull over the ugly debt monster, and inspired me to continue budgeting, saving and paying off those bills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment