Sunday, January 29, 2012

Simplify


So I have been feeling like I owe the blogosphere and explanation as to why, for the second time, I have stopped blogging altogether with not so much as a goodbye, see ya soon. 
Blogging for me was a creative outlet, I fell in love with the empowered women all over the internet being able to be proud of what they were wearing regardless of size, budget, what was trendy, etc. It was an opportunity for me to finally belong to a group of women where I felt like I could belong. 
I don't know if that has feeling has changed for me, but what I found is that I couldn't be honest about my love of blogging to the rest of my world, and when I finally trusted somebody enough to tell them what I did, I would feel betrayed if they told somebody else. 
And what my mother always tells me: If I have to lie about a relationship, is it a relationship worth having? 
That's kind of how I felt about blogging, I've listed a bunch of reasons why blogging is so great, but if I can't talk about it with the people closest to me, then is it as good as it seems? 
So I just stopped blogging. I still read blogs everyday, pinterest my heart out and keep in contact with some of the bloggers I got closest to. But in these months that I have walked away from blogging, I found that it wasn't the fashion I missed, but the platform to talk about what's going on in my life. 

Thus, my blog will be going through some changes in the coming months. I'm not promising that their will be more posts, but the posts will be further away from fashion and closer to my everyday normal life (When interesting, exciting things happen). 

Okay, good now that we got that out of the way, we can discuss one of my many new years resolutions: Simplify. 
As I mentioned in my last post, budgeting has become the forefront of all my thoughts. I have had to cut back practically everything to pay bills and I'm learning a lot about my old spending habits in the process. I have spent a lot of time realize how much stuff I have in my life. Clothes, movies, books, crap. 
I used my hard earned money to accumulate all this stuff and now I realize how much of it I didn't really need. 
So my resolution is to simplify my life. I am guilty of buying a lotion just to use it once and then it goes into the cupboard with all the other lotions. My goal is to use all of them (which means that I'm good on lotion for at least the next 6 years). If an item of clothing doesn't make me feel great, then it's gone, I have a full closet of clothes to compensate. Instead of standing in front of a full pantry of food and deciding to go out for dinner, I'm making an effort to make more meals at home using the food that I have already bought. 

My hope with these simplifications is that I can rid out all of the excess in my life, that often times feels like is plaguing me. Finally, I plan to do this with the people in my life. Have I told you that I'm working an obscene amount of hours? And going to grad school? And trying to maintain a long distance relationship? And I have had some really patient friends and some not so patient friends. And just like the clothes, I am going to make an effort to rid my life of the friends that don't make me feel great. This might be harsh, I get that. Also, I don't have a ton of friends to start so to rid out some tightens my group even more, but with all of the moving parts of my life right now, my friends have either been incredibly understanding or increasingly difficult. Which I just don't need. 

So there you have it. Simplification is all I'm asking for this 2012, in a effort to creating a comfortable home empty of hoarding and a little less stress. 

No comments:

Post a Comment