Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Five Years Ago...


The amazing Brittany posted a picture of herself five years ago. Which got me thinking about my life five years ago. There were things that I really hated about myself, and the way that I treated myself. High school was cruel and I didn't understand that until the last year or so. I didn't realize my worth even then, and for that, I resent my life five years ago. 

I had planned on living in the Pacific Northwest for the rest of my life. Marrying the man of my dreams in at least ten years. Kids repulsed me. I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I had just been told by my boyfriend that he loved me (so I dumped him, I know, awful). I thought the next biggest thing was where I was going to college and getting away from the people I went to high school with. 

Basically my view on the world was very self-centered and small. In the year(s) that followed I:
Went to Africa and Europe
Graduated College
Got a "grown up" job
Got a cat
Had my heart broken, mended it and was able to fall in love again. 
Watched my brothers' families explode with little babies that I love. 
Started grad school
Became financially independent
Found out my passions and started living life to fulfill myself. 

Basically these past five years haven't always been perfect but the result is unbeatable. 
Also, 
I cannot wait to see what the next five years hold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment